This program, EASTER 2018, is designed for individuals or groups of friends who want to know about Albania, this new destination for European tourism. The tour offers you an itinerary of the history and culture of this people visiting some of the so-called “unbeatable” places. Thanks to this tour you will discover in a few days the most important cities of Albania, accompanied by a local guide in Italian or Italian and admire the most beautiful cities of this strange country in complete tranquility with Italian standards and assistance.
Beyond the most significant cities that will give you an overview of what is and has been Albania in the last centuries you will have the opportunity to visit one of the most important archaeological sites in the country, Apollonia (founded by the Greeks in the 4th century BC) as well as its antiquarium where important finds of the Greek period and later are collected with true mastery and museum professionalism, and then Durres named by Romans “The Taverna dell’Adriatico” with the largest amphitheater of the Balkans, with its archaeological museum We will then visit the city protected by UNESCO (Berat the city with a thousand and a window with its Ottoman era architectural agglomeration), and then Kruja the city of the national hero Skanderberg, the metropolis of Tirana, we will pass from Fier and visit Vlora the city of the declaration of Indigence in 1912.
1° DAY -Thursday 29 March- BOOKING E ACCOMODATION.
- Arrival scheduled in the morning at the port of Durres or Tirana airport, meeting with the local guide, accompanying the group for the entire tour at the airport, transfer to hotel in Plazh beach of Durres (for pre-established groups).
- Late in the morning transfer in the center of Durres (Durres founded from Illyrian in the XIII century BC, expanded thanks to Taulant tribu in the century of IX BC that maked it capital , was an important port of Roman epoca ( from the roman was known as “Adriatic Tavern”), free time for snack or lunch and visit to the Archaeological Museum of Durres. Visit of the of the historical sites of the city the remains of the Roman forum, the Venetian tower, the Ottoman walls, Terms.. and the amphitheater from the Roman era ( the biggest in Balkans), walk with a visit of the modern city the City Hall Square, the Promenade, the Boulevard.
- At 06:00 pm return in
- Dinner will be served at 8:00 pm
2 ° DAY –Friday 30 March- VISIT OF TIRANA AND KRUJA
- At 08:00 am breakfast in hotel
- At 08: 45 am travel to Tirana
- Approximatly 09:45 am will be to Tirana and visit the Tirana center, to the renewed Skanderbeg Square (Giorgio Castriota Scanderbeg), the national hero who for 25 years resisted the invasion by defending Albania and Europe and its moral and religious values from the Ottoman-Turkish invasion), symbols of the city (the Mosque of Ethem Bey, the Clock Tower). Walk in Taiwan park and in the Boulevard of Deshmoret e Kombit (Pyramid of Enver Hoxha, Palace of Government)
- At 1:00 pm free time for snack or lunch in restaurant
- At 1:30 pm departure to Kruja and a visit to this beautiful city (with only 13,500 citizens) located on the side of a mountain, Kruja is the most important city of the Albanian resistance that under the leadership of Gjergj Kastrioti “Scanderbeg” in the 15th century, successfully fought the Ottomans for over 25 years. Shopping in the beautiful old bazaar. Climb up to Scanderbeg Castle and the observation tower from where you can admire a splendid view of the plain below. Visit to the Skanderberg Museum “The Kruia Castle” was built in the 4th century A.C on the remains of a previous Illyrian settlement of the 3rd century B.C.
- At 6:30 pm return in hotel
- Dinner will be served at 8:00 pm
3° DAY – Saterday 31 March- VISIT OF BERAT
- At 08:30 am breakfast in hotel
- At 09: 30 am travel to Berat – the city is part of World Heritage of Humanity with a special status of UNESCO.
- Arrival to Berat at 11:15 am (in 2008 the historical center of Berat is part of World Heritage of Humanity as a rare Ottoman city well conserved) the Castle of Berat where there are present 42 churches, many of them from the IV -V century, of which few have preserved the original traces, the Onufri museum, housed in the ancient Orthodox cathedral of the “Dormition of the Virgin“, (by the name of the Albanian painter of 16th century icons) and ancient Orthodox churches. Visit the historic and ancient part of the city the Mangalemi quarter with the typical houses of the Ottoman era.
- At 2:00- 3:00 pm free time for snack or lunch in restaurant.
- At 4:00 pm visit of the Gorica quarter and the bridge of Gorica.
- At 5:00 pm return in hotel in Durres, arrival predicted at 18:30.
- Dinner will be served at 8:00 pm
- At 9:00 pm (only for groups of 40 or more pax). Musical evening with Albanian singer with keyboarder, violin and singer with Albanian Albanian folk songs and music, Italian and Neapolitan “par condicio”
4° DAY – Sunday 1 April – VISIT TO APOLLONIA, ARDENICA AND VLORA
- At 08:00 am breakfast in hotel
- At 08:30 am departure
- At 09: 30 am visit to Ardenica. An Orthodox monastic settlement still in use, built in 1282 and destroyed and recovered several times, and where in 1451 the marriage of Skanderberg, the Albanian national hero, was celebrated.
- Transit to the city of Fier at 10:30 am.
- At 10:50 am visit of Apollonia. Visit of the important archaeological park and the archaeological museum. APOLLONIA (Founded in 588 BC by the Greek colonists of Kerkyra (today Corfu) and Corinth, Apollonia was one of the most important shopping centers of the time and was defined by Cicero: “magna urbs et gravis” – that is, a great and majestic city. its ancient beauty has been brought to light in the early twentieth century by a French team, although many of its treasures have been hidden.
- At 12:45 free time for snack in Fier
- Departure to Vlora at 1:15 pm
- At 2:30 pm visit of Orthodox monastery of Zvernec dedicated to Our Lady and placed on the islet of Zvernec in the middle of the Narta Lagoon. To reach this building you have to cross a wooden bridge about 300 meters long which connects the island to the land. This monastic complex, including a small church, is well-known for its Byzantine-style frescoes (13th century), miraculously surviving the atheistic policies of the dictatorship. Very charming, mystical and quiet, this place turns into the month of August when it becomes the hub of celebrations for the Virgin’s dormancy, which attracts faithful from all over the country.
At 15.30 Visit of Vlor by walk from the square to the sea from where you can admire the Karaburun peninsula and Sazan Island on the boulevard to the birthplace of the founding Father of Albania Ismail Qemali, climb up to the Independence Monument an important symbol of independence of Albania with a panorama of the entire city of Valona.
- At 17.30 Return to Durres
- Arrival to Durres scheduled around 7:30 pm.
- At 20:30
5° DAY – Monday 2 April -DEPARTURE TO ITALY
- At 09:00 breakfast in hotel
- Transfer to Tirana Airport scheduled for late morning or early afternoon. The hotel has a beach in front of it that allows you to spend some hours of sunshine in absolute relaxation, a healthy walk or shopping in the shops of Durres.
- End of service
Prize for pax in double room €.200,00 for groups of 40-50 pax
Prize for pax in double room €.235,00 for groups of 20 – 40 pax
Prize for pax in double room €.300,00 for groups of 8- 20 pax
Prize for pax in double room €.325,00 for pax (in groups with others)
Single supplement €. 90,00 for 4 night in HB
Supplement room in hotel for added night €. 25.00 per person in a double room B & B.
N ° 4 Lunches in restaurant during the tour supplement €. 60.00 (only for pre-established groups).
Other quotes and / or package changes, if possible, will be evaluated based on any specific requests received.
The above mentioned package is only valid for dates 29-30-31 March 1-2 April 2018.
Pre-established groups intended as closed groups
* Special offer in phase of exhaustion therefore valid until the availability of package itself *
Considering the period of great tourist attraction featuring the Easter Bridge, we recommend booking as early as possible.
THE QUOTES INCLUDE
- – 4 overnight stays in a standard double room with services in 3 * / 4 * hotels (as accredited on site) in all locations.
- – 4 breakfasts in hotel;
- – 4 dinners as per program in the restaurant (including 0.33 l water and 1 glass of wine or beer p.pax.) Coffee and bitterness excluded;
- – Guide in Italian or Italian language (depends on availability) for the whole trip at the service hours mentioned above.
- — Internal transport with minivan and / or coach with 40 or more seats guided by a professional driver referenced for the route indicated in the expert program in the Albanian guide and familiar with the roads, the road and the local problems.
- -Transfer to and from airport and / or ferry for pre-estabilished groups of over 20 people.
- Only for groups of 40 or more pax. Musical evening with Albanian singer
QUOTES DO NOT INCLUDE:
- Ferry and flight to and from Italy for Albania.
- Drinks at meals (other than those mentioned in “quotas include”).
- Beverages, liqueurs, snacks etc …
- Internal guides to archaeological sites and museums.
- Medical insurance – eventual luggage possible € 20 pax. (Mandatory).
- Extra personal and all that is not expressly indicated in the item “the fee includes”
- Excluding anything else not specifically specified in the program.
- Single room.
- What else is not explicitly specified in the program.
- Archaeological museums and sites.
The package is scheduled to arrive in the port of Durres or at Tirana airport on the first morning of the first day and resume for Italy from the port of Durres or from Tirana airport on the morning and / or afternoon of the last day.
Any changes to the above program are possible based on the arrival and departure times prior to prior agreement. Changes in the consequent program and / or due to disadvantages or other factors not dependent on our will will therefore not be attributable to LivingAlbania and will not be subject to any refunds. If this involves additional costs, they will be evaluated and charged to the customer.
The payment must be made by bank transfer with the payment of the payment (customer charges), and the invoice will be canceled with payment made by your scanned payment document confirmation. The relevant data will be sent to the confirmation. A valid supply contract will be issued. Other information regarding payment, settlement and other forms of payment will be provided directly to you via your personal contact email or agency.
Notes: Since the Easter Sunday Day the group will be engaged in the visit to Valona, who may wish to attend the Holy Easter Mass on Saturday evening or Easter Sunday when returning to the church of San Domenico or in the cathedral of Santa Lucia always in Durres.
DESCRIPTION OF THE HOTEL
Hotel in Durres 3 * is located in Durres in Plazh beach directly on the long sandy beach where you can take endless walks and take a coffee or an aperitif in the many beach bars while enjoying the scent of the sea and enjoy the beautiful sunsets. It is a 3 * star recently refurbished, the rooms are newly furnished in a modern way, with Wi-Fi, private parking; it is set in a sea setting, some of the rooms have a balcony with air conditioner, fridge-bar, also has an excellent restaurant where you can taste the sea’s flavor during your dinners, but also cook pasta skillfully.
1. For entry into Albania, it is sufficient to show the valid identity card
2. No health prevention is required. The only concern is to avoid drinking tap water, better to use bottled water.
3. Mandatory medical insurance.
4. The local currency is Leke, which now changes to around 133 Lek per Euro (it is advisable to change a little Euro for its own expenses to avoid unnecessary foreign exchange changes).
It is advisable to visit the places indicated sports shoes with soles with a little cartarmato and practical ation onion.
Note: The photos you insert are generic